Change is the only constant- this famous saying is perhaps most relevant when it comes to digital marketing and the strategies involved. With almost all major search engines providing voice search options, the mode of search is experiencing a rapid shift from the conventional text search to the more efficient voice search. The introduction of digital assistants has catalyzed this shift. In the meantime, with an increase in the affordability of DSLR cameras and cell phones, allowing standard quality videography, video marketing has emerged as one of the primary marketing techniques. In this article, we will take a look at these two essential features of Digital Marketing- voice search optimization and optimization of a website for video-related searches. We will also discuss some tips and strategies to use these features to increase traffic to your site.
Voice search optimization
With voice searches estimated to constitute nearly 50 percent of all web searches by 2020, voice search optimization of your website is the need of the hour. The fact that now Google takes into account the mobile-friendliness of a site while ranking it contributes to the urgent need for voice search optimized websites as most mobile searches now are voice searches.
At the heart of voice search optimization, lies the fact that there are fundamental differences between a text search and a voice search. These differences shape the adaptations that are required by a website to be voice-search optimized. Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you to optimize your website:
- Use long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are easier to say than to type. So, they are expected to occur more frequently in voice searches than text ones.
- Use informative content so that your content answers specific questions. Design concise answers to queries.
- With the increase in mobile searches, a stable Local SEO schema can tap out numerous benefits for your site. So, besides your business’s purpose, display its location.
- Make sure that your website loads fast, and it is mobile-friendly.
Not many businesses are aware of voice search optimization, making it a huge potential source of traffic. If done the right way, voice search optimization can do wonders to the traffic on your site and can help in giving your business that much-needed boost.
Optimization of a website for video-related queries
In recent times, video marketing has gained more and more relevance in the Digital marketing landscape. With the making of videos and getting them online becoming easier by the day, ranking higher for video-related searches is getting difficult, no matter how the video related to your website is. Here are some tips and tricks that you can follow to rank higher in video-related searches:
- Choose the proper video hosting website according to your motive. For example, if you are looking to increase traffic, YouTube would be a good platform, but if you are looking for higher conversion, then you should be looking at a platform like Wistia.
- The title and description of the videos influence their ranking. So, choose them wisely.
- You can’t rely solely on the video to get higher ranks. The rest of your page also needs to be SEO optimized.
- Add video transcripts. Not only do they increase the accessibility but they also make the video more spottable by search-bots.
Videos increase the time spent on your site by users. This shows that your page has good content, and that improves your search ranking and shows high returns on investment. So, if you want more traffic on your site, videos can be the trump card.